I did improvise a bit on the log cabin quilting style and thus it's not a traditional log cabin quilt as there are 2 squares within all the pieced strips. I also tackled my first pieced back for this quilt. I am really happy with the way this quilt has turned out. Happy enough that I feel I can actually gift this to someone.
I finished the quilt with almost near perfect binding. I used the machine to sew the binding to the back of the quilt which often turns out to be a disaster (unless I use an extra wide width for binding). However, this time there were only a handful of small spaces to fill in with hand sewing where the machine did not catch the binding.
Now if I could only be inspired to finish quilting the queen size bed quilt... With Christmas on the way I have a list of sewing projects to get through for gifts for friends and family, so it looks like the bed quilt will be on the back-burner for now.
I really like the way the material came together. Once again all the material (except for the solid colour on the back) came from discount fabric found on sale at my local quilting shop.