For fabric choices we went with Carolyn Friedlander's Botanics line. I am in love with this fabric line... well, then again, what fabric line am I not in love with. I decided to go with a simple stripe pattern, but the quilt needed something a little extra, so I added some appliquéd hearts. I used some Liberty Art's fabric for the binding, I came across this at a local quilting store so stocked up on yards of the fabric.
I had initially bound this quilt with the flannel backing, but I didn't like the way that looked, so after washing the quilt for the first time, I cut all the binding off and started from scratch with new binding.
Now that this quilt is done, I will be on to a making a quilt for my husband's grandmother for her birthday. I can't wait to cut into the stash of fabrics I bought for that quilt.
Happy Monday everyone... hope your weekends were good!