I ended up going into labour on Monday, February 9th... coincidently this was also the day that I managed to finish the bumper pad for Benjamin's bedroom. I made the mobile that hangs above his crib the weekend previous. I found the pattern for the mobile at Sew Mama Sew, there is a great link and tutorial to this mobile which can be found here: http://www.sewmamasew.com/2011/09/sew-wild-inspiration-giveaway/.
For the bumper pad I relied mainly on a tutorial found at: http://www.vanillajoy.com/diy-crib-bedding-part-i-crib-bedding.html. I improvised a bit on the tutorial as I used a low loft all natural cotton batting. I figured with an all natural low loft batting, the bumper pad should be breathable.
My next project will be to finish a few change table sheets, Benjamin's quilt, and I still have a pending custom order that I need to finish. The material for that order arrived a couple weeks ago. I thought I would have the time to get that order done before Benjamin arrived, but he had plans of his own!
I also bought a new sewing machine a few weekends ago. I invested in a Janome Horizon Memory Craft 8900. I am in love with my machine. I knew I wanted a new machine and I was ready for a new machine, but I was a bit confused as to whether to get a Berina, Janome, or Babylock. I ended up purchasing the Janome 8900 and I don't regret this purchase one bit. The sewing machine stops instantly, instead of my old Brother machine that always had a couple extra stitches in there, the thread cutter is time-saver and although a simple feature, one of my favourites so far. In addition, I went from having 5.5" of throat space to 11", which means larger projects will be easier to accomplish. The store I bought the machine from had a good sale on the machine and threw in a free sewing table as well, so my sewing area in our new home is looking pretty good. I am looking forward to all the new things I will be able to create with this machine.
Happy Tuesday everyone... hopefully I will be able to post again soon.